2020 VFC Practice Rules
● If using the same field, practices will be staggered to prevent overlap of participants
● Players should monitor symptoms. Temperature checks will be administered upon arrival to the facility.
● Come fully dressed, no changing shoes or clothes at the field
● Bring your own water, there will be no coolers or community food/drinks.
● Parents should stay in their cars as they drop off and pick up. No spectators during practices. If a parent must leave their car, a mask is strongly requested.
● Ride sharing is discouraged, but up to individual family choice.
● All equipment, including balls, will be sanitized with CDC approved cleaner before and after each practice
● Dirty and clean balls will be kept separated.
● Benches, dugouts and bleachers will not be used unless absolutely necessary. If used, bleachers will be sanitized prior to use.
● No spectators at practice. Parents who need to stay are asked to remain in their car or if outside their car, they should remain at the vehicle, 6 ft distanced and are asked to wear a cloth mask. No siblings allowed at practice. This excludes the volunteer safety parent.
● Absolutely no sharing of equipment, including helmets, gloves, facemasks, and especially bats and catcher gear. Players are encouraged to clean equipment after each practice. If supplies not available, VFC will assist after practices.
● Coaches and players are encouraged, but not required, to wear cloth masks when not in the field of play. Players should not wear masks during outdoor physical activity.
● Coaches and players are required to wear masks during indoor practice.
● Players will maintain social distance of 6 ft when not in the field of play. Gear and water bottles will be kept 6 ft apart as well.
● No touching unrelated to incidental contact in the sport. No high fives, no handshakes, no piggyback rides, no hugs, no team huddle.
● No chants, songs, cheers. *the virus may travel up to 12 feet in these circumstances.
● No seeds, no spitting, no candy, no food at practices
● Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available and encouraged before, during and after practices.
● When possible, teams will be divided into smaller groups and work in stations or work in drills that allow distancing. However, we also know live game drills are necessary and will require whole team participation.
● Athletes hands will be sanitized whenever coming off the field and before taking fielding masks off.
● No player will be allowed to play if they are showing signs of illness or have had contact with anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days
● Contact tracing- we will report any confirmed exposure to Public Health for contact tracing. Accurate attendance will be required for all practices. Parents are requested to keep Game Changer up to date. Please make sure VFC has accurate addresses and phone numbers on file if needed.